Precision Deep Drawn Aluminum Pressure Connector
The pressure grommet shown here is fabricated utilizing our precision deep drawn stamping capabilities. Composed of 5052 aluminum, these pressure grommets are designed for use in an electrical junction panel. Utilizing our high-speed transfer press technology, we annually produce 450,000 of these grommets "complete to print" per stoke of the press. Prior to the Peterson Manufacturing Company, Inc. conversion, this part was produced from a blank that required seven secondary operations consisting of flaring, fluting, rolling, dimpling, squaring, flange and lettering. By preforming all the operations in our press, the cost was reduced from $.45 per part to $.10.
The part is .037" thick, 1.120" in diameter and .820" long. We ensured it met tolerances of ± .0025" to fully comply with the customer's specifications.
Peterson Manufacturing has invested 55 years in the precision deep drawn metal stamping of high-quality components. We also provide personalized customer service, just-in-time delivery, and competitive pricing that attract and retain long-time customers.
For more information on this precision deep drawn metal stamped pressure connector, see the table below or contact us directly.
- Precision Deep Drawn Metal Stamping of a Brass Terminal Pin for the Small Appliance Industry
- Custom Fabricated Threaded Fittings
- Precision Deep Drawn Metal Stamping of a Cold Rolled Steel Burner Tube
- Fabricated Stainless Thermostat Probe for the Appliance Industry
- Precision Deep Drawn Stamping of a Copper Thermal Bulb for the HVAC Industry
Highlights of this Precision Deep Drawn Metal Stamping Project
- Product Description
- This Pressure Grommet is used in an Electrical Junction Panel
- Capabilities Applied/Processes
Stamping - Complete in press. No Secondary
- Equipment Used to Manufacture Part
- High Speed Transfer Press
- Overall Part Dimensions
- Ø 1.120 Diameter x 0.820 Length
- Tightest Tolerances
- ± 0.0025"
- Material Used
- 5052 Aluminum
- In process testing/inspection performed
- SPC - Statistical Process Control
- Industry for Use
- Home & Commercial Construction
- 450,000 per Year
- Delivery/Turnaround Time
- 2-3 weeks
- Delivery Location
- Standards Met
- Customer Specifications, 2D CAD Drawing
- Product Name
- Pressure Connector