Precision Deep Drawn Cold Rolled Steel Burner Tube
This steel burner tube, which was designed for use in a gas range burner assembly for a major US appliance manufacturer was converted from a process of cutting, forming and machining tubing. At Peterson Manufacturing Company, Inc., we utilized our high-speed transfer press technology to produce the precision deep drawn metal stamping "complete to print" with each stroke of the press. Our process resulted in a savings in excess of $200,000 per year for the customer.
The burner tube is 2.080" long with a diameter of .950". The 1008 - 1010 cold-rolled steel part, which is .025" thick, was then zinc-plated. We ensured the 600,000 units met tolerances of ± .005" and complied with the customer's specifications.
At Peterson Manufacturing, we believe in the power of building long-lasting customer relationships as we perform precision deep drawn metal stamping one part at a time. We carefully study and assess the design, engineering and processes in order to produce the most functional, cost-effective parts possible.
Our ability to reduce costs by replacing metal forming processes such as screw machining, tube fabricating and cold heading with our high-speed transfer press technology continues to bring us repeat customers.
For more information on this precision deep drawn metal stamping project, see the table below or contact us directly.
- Precision Deep Drawn Metal Stamping of a Brass Terminal Pin for the Small Appliance Industry
- Custom Fabricated Threaded Fittings
- Fabricated Stainless Thermostat Probe for the Appliance Industry
- Precision Deep Drawn Metal Stamping of an Aluminum Pressure Connector
- Precision Deep Drawn Stamping of a Copper Thermal Bulb for the HVAC Industry
Highlights of a Precision Deep Drawn Metal Stamping Project
- Product Description
- This Burner Tube is used in a Gas Range Burner Assembly
- Deep Drawn Metal Stamping Capabilities
- Equipment Used to Manufacture Part
- High Speed Transfer Press, Complete in Press
- Overall Part Dimensions
- Ø 0.950 Diameter x 2.080 Length
- Tightest Tolerances
- ± 0.005
- Material Used
- 1008 - 1010 Cold Rolled Steel
- Material Finish
- Zinc Plate
- In process testing/inspection performed
- SPC - Statistical Process Control
- Gas Range Appliance Manufacturer
- 600,000 per Year
- Delivery/Turnaround Time
- 2-3 Weeks
- Delivery Location
- USA & Mexico
- Standards Met
- Customer Specifications, 2D CAD Drawing
- Product Name
- Burner Tube